But I Said Forever by Jennifer Gilby Roberts

But I Said Forever by Jennifer Gilby Roberts
Genre: Chic-Lit
Source: Library Thing
Rating: 3/5


Brittany has the "perfect" marriage, an attractive husband, a big house, a little son and a lot of money. But her life is not as perfect as it seems; her husband is never at home, she feels lonely in the big house, her son Jame is too little to talk and the money doesn't help with the solitude. So she decides to search for a job... and this will be the start or the end of her "perfect life".

"I try to imagine telling my dad that Phillip and I were divorcing. He'd be absolutely crushed. Worse still, I don't think he'd ever understand why I'd done it. All he'd see is that I'd thrown away everything he'd ever want me to have. That is, if he didn't just have a heart attack and die from the shock. I get a stab if resentment in my gut. Why couldn't we just have lived happily ever after? That's what's supposed to happen when you marry Prince Charming, isn't it?"

"It turns out Prince Charming was an evil wizard in disguise, but since I've signed the magic scroll he owns me."

I choose to read this book because it was appealing to read how a couple progress in their life after the "big wedding".
I know the moral thing that if you are married, no matter what, you have to stay married. For me it's an inconcebible thing, if you don't love anymore your husband or if you don't trust him anymore you don't have to continue being married. It's always your choice.
But I could understand that Brittany comes from a world where the divorce is not allowed, so you have to stay strong on you divorce decision, knowing that maybe your friends and family will not accept it. So this is the Brittany's problem, she had to decide if she wants to follow her head or her heart. Sometimes a difficult decision, don't you think?
This is a funny story where you will learn to cook and accept that sometimes you will need a lot of patience with your friends, maybe they make their decisions wrong, but they try to make the best for you. You know that when one door closes, another opens...
Ready to try the wedding cake?

Labels: , ,