Fix You by Carrie Elks

Fix You by Carrie Elks
Genre: Fiction, Chic Lit
Source: Corvus Books
Rating: 5/5


They say that New Year's Eve is magic. That is the night Hannah and Richard meet. Of course any love story is easy, but would they be able to fix their story after fifteen years?

""I love you." His words were desperate. Hannah tried to hold on to them, like a child catching a bubble as it danced through the air. When she opened her hands she feared it would be gone."

I can just say I loved this book, Carrie Elks has built a lovely and soulful story full of love and emotive moments that will remain with me for a long time.
I was touched with the story of Hanna's mother, maybe because my mum has cancer too and I know the pain and fear you suffer watching a loved one so ill and nothing to do to help. I can understand completely Hanna's reaction and how she needs to heal herself before trying to continue with her own life, losing a parent is not easy, and less easy if all your life had been only the two of you...
But we will not just enjoy the pain in the book, the love story between Hannah and Richard is so real that could have been any of us (the readers); making it more real and touching.
I would recommend reading this book in a long weekend, with a hot chocolate, a duvet and the fire as a company, the hours will pass so quickly that you'll want to turn the clock back and start again!
Are you ready to be fixed?

Labels: ,