Daisy in Chains by Sharon Bolton

Daisy in Chains by Sharon Bolton
Genre: Psychological Thriller
Rating: 5/5


Maggie Rose, is a lawyer that chooses her cases very carefully, only the ones she can win... and the Hamish Wolfe case doesn't convince her...
Hamish Wolfe is a very handsome man pleading innocence... he wants Maggie Rose for his appeal... Will his charm convince her?

"Like attracts like, says Van Morke. 'You show me a woman attracted to a violent man, I'll show you someone with a potential for violence as great. These women are to be treated with extreme caution. Possibly avoided altogether.'"

I have to say I loved this book since the beginning, I was intrigued to know if Wolfe had really murdered the 4 women or not, all the proves pointed him as the murderer, so it had to be him, no?
It was quite original how the book was written; with the articles, the letters and a draft book, making it more realistic and more intriguing.
I have read a lot of books and seen a lot of movies talking about prison wives, how they fell in love with a man they never really met, just talking with letters and they can never be alone together. I am not sure I like the idea of knowing someone who had been convicted of a murder or a rape h. What's the charm in it? Having a husband who doesn't bother you at home? That doesn't ask you for anything? The thing that scares me most would be if he ever goes out, will he kill me?
This is a brilliant and tense thriller, that captivates since the first page.
Do you prefer a Daisy or a Rose?

Labels: ,