The Kept Woman by Karin Slaughter

The Kept Woman by Karin Slaughter
Genre: Crime, Thriller
Source: Edelweiss
Rating: 4/5


A body, a lot of blood and a missing body... The new case of Will Trent doesn't seem different from the others he had investigated before till they found proves that maybe the missing body could be Will's wife, Angie Polaski. Would it be possible that Angie is dead? First they will have to find her body...

"Faith supplied, "Dark hair, smart mouth, killer body."
Collier said, "His wife is a blonde."
Faith rolled her eyes. "I'm a blonde. She's a bottle."
"You can discuss hair color after we find the woman." Amanda told Collier, "Get that partner of yours to run missing persons reports submitted within the last forty-eight hours. Women, young, Rippy's type.""

I have to say I am a big fan of the Will Trent series, this is the 8th book of the series, as always, you can read it standalone, but I highly recommend you to start the series from the beginning, you will love them!
I have ambivalent feelings about this book, I loved the case, the twists and Will and Sarah (seems that they have a more or less a normal relationship; they are so cute together!). But Angie... how can Will still be married with her? In this book Karin tries to explain Angie's past... but no, I can not understand her philosophy with Will, neither with me or without me... really?
Reading a Will Trent book is entering in the police world where there's always a surprising twist, humour and a little bit of love! I feel sad every time I arrive at the end of one of his books, I have to wait at least a year for a new case!
I love all Karin Slaughter books, it's like watching a Hitchcock movie, there's mystery till the end!
I would love to see a Will Trent series, would this dream ever be real? Fingers crossed!
What is your type of blood?

Labels: ,