The Good Daughter by Karin Slaughter

The Good Daughter by Karin Slaughter
Genre: Psychological Thriller
Source: NetGalley
Rating: 5/5



Growing without a mother has to be one of the most difficult things a child has to accept, but if you saw her killed and how your big sister was shoot, the nightmares will hunt you all of your life.
This is the story of Charlotte and Samantha, how their life changed a long time ago...

I loved this book, I would give it a ten, it's a must read, hunting, heartbreaking and dark!
Charlotte's story is not easy to forget, talk or think, her life changed in just one day, but it's time to accept the past and start living again... thanks to some horrible actions she will be reunited to her family and maybe start healing some wounds... is she ready?
I am not sure which situation Charlotte has lived is worst, her mother killed or the shooting at the school, both horrible and scary, no one wants to be on any of them, imagine living and surviving both! It surprised me how the police acted on both situations; striking suspects, coercing victims... they didn't want to try to find the truth and what you see it's not always the truth! I know Charlotte father is not quite loved for any of the police members, but you should always be respectful, don't you think?
It was funny all the information the characters drop about science, there are some surprising facts that I loved to learn! 
I liked very much this book and I think it's one of my favourite from Karin Slaugher, it's not from any series, you could feel the emotions on your skin, the pain and nightmares like they are your own, not just a story from a book.
One of the things that shocked me most of the book was when Charlotte tells her sister "I don't feel guilty because I ran away, I feel guilty because I couldn't run faster." I think this sentence will stay with me for a long time, it says so many things in just a few words... sadness, lost hopes, nightmares... 
Are you a good daughter?

Labels: , , , ,